Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Just saved $1,675.00

We are down to one car, having disposed of the GT Mustang. The car we are "down to" is mine. A darling little Honda Civic five-speed hatchback. Anyway, took it to a body shop and they told me they would re-paint it for a measley $1,700. Drove straight to Canadian Tire and bought a $25 can of Honda paint and did it myself. So, that's how I saved $1,675. While I was in there, I had the usual Canadian Tire melt-down -- you know, no clerks, no help and no logic. I was careening down the auto aisles talking to myself and sort-of-raving... "I hate place, I hate this place, I hate this place," I ranted. A sweet young man heard me and offered to find me Honda spray paint and he did. Being an old bag has its rewards.



How much do you have to hate your life to spend months and years cutting wine bottle corks in half so you can install a homemade cork floor. That was the feature in the "Homes" section of the Saturday paper. A guy spent a thousand years cutting up corks so he could have a do-it-yourself cork floor. When I saw the photo of his shrew wife, I sympathyzed. I too would have high-tailed it to the garage and either got corked or cut up corks just to get away from her.


This was a Paul Newman weekend and 'Harper' was featured. It was made in 1966, for me not that long ago. I was 19 and in university. I was schleping around in the kitchen and not really paying attention until I heard Paul say to Robert Wagner, "She's just trash, a nympho, fungus really, only look at her in the daylight and you'll get it, you'd never have children with that bitch." I wheeled around and paid attention at that point. Can you imagine talking like that about women today?! It was horrifying. But at the time, I am sure I agreed and wasn't jarred at all. Of course we all knew girls like that, how great was it that we were so superior to the neighbourhood sluts, remember? What a time warp that movie was for me.

Just want to say a work about the flooding in Pakistan. How come Pakistan doesn't have an infrastructure to deal with it? Why do all these countries look to Canada to solve their problems? That's where our taxes go: to infrastructure. The next time you are pissed off in a construction zone and swear at a flagman, remember these are your tax dollars hard at work. If you don't want road construction and infastructure, move to Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment