Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2016

Life on The Rez

So, now the latest news out of Calgary is that 60% of Stoney Reserve people in Morely (just down # 1) are addicted to fentanyl.  Well, of course they are.  What is there to do on a reserve but cash cheques and get into trouble.  Trust me, I have driven through it many times, the place is a dump.  Even worse than Maniwaki, if that's possible.  Another $85 million has been dumped into addiction "stuff", but doesn't matter.  If you sit around with money and nothing to do, drugs will find and trap you. 

Sadly, I have absolutely no sympathy with people who choose to stay on desolate and useless reservations.  None.  But there they stay because that is all they know and that is how the money is funnelled into their bank accounts.  The chiefs have now declared the situation a "state of emergency" so they can, what.....?  get more money?  You bettcha.

I'm sick of it.  As I have said so many times, thank God my Mohawk great-grandmother married off the Tyendinaga Reserve and we all became "Canadian". 

No comments:

Post a Comment