Search This Blog

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Scary birthday

I just celebrated one -- to use the term with trepidation.  But daughter stepped up and invited all my swimming buddies to a surprise party!  Unfortunately, as we drove up I spotted one of them entering her house.  "What the heck is A doing here?" I asked myself as it was dawning on me that this might be more than a quiet family gathering.  

So, while that kind'a let the cat out of the bag, I was completely surprised when I walked in and faced about 12 fellow lane-swimmers beaming at me.  It was such a treat juxtaposed against a really bad number.  Yikes!

Daughter and me

I'm in the back, opening some lovely pressies

The grands

My new flamenco bathing cap -- perfect for a bird brain such as I!
It was a wonderful day.   

2 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice surprise. kudos to your daughter. You look wonderful Nancy and not a day older than when we last met at Dow's lake so just ignore the number and enjoy your family and life . Hugs Elayn

    ReplyDelete