Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2022

Dinner

The other morning, one of my swim buddies, Theresa, told me she was serving "Chicken Ding" for dinner.  She is Asian, so I immediately thought it was some elegant, sophisticated Chinese dinner.  "What's that, how do you prepare it?" I asked.  "You know when you buy a roasted chicken and it gets cold?" she said.  "Yes," I replied.  "Well you just pop it in the microwave and when it goes 'Ding' it's ready.  That's 'Chicken Ding.'"  I laughed so hard I almost drowned!

Speaking of feeding your family, what's with the panic over the shortage of baby formula?  That's the best advertisement for breast feeding I can think of.  Sadly, it's too late for many babies and their mothers, the latter of whom decided against breast feeding and now it's too late because their milk has all dried up.  I never understood foregoing breast feeding?  I mean, it's right there and so handy and healthy.  I also never understood why co-sleeping was and is frowned upon?  I used to put four diapers on my babies and sleep with them.  They nursed all night off-and-on and I slept like a baby (excuse the pun).



So that's my take on dinner.  

   


No comments:

Post a Comment