Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Reality TV

Yesterday's calamity was proof we are but nothing in the scheme of things. Watching cities wash away, I was awe-struck by the power of mother nature, by that I mean God. It was sort of like standing between two mirrors and watching yourself in infinity.........it goes on and on into forever.

Clutching the converter, I had to click away every now and then for sheer relief. That's when it smacked me. We are so completely ridiculous. Flipped to a show about plastic surgery. I guess I could stop right now and you'd get it, but I just have to get into it. Here was a woman who looked, well, normal. About 40, not unattractive, but obviously very troubled. Talking into the camera, she revealed that all her problems were caused by....wait for it.....her uneven nostrils. Whaaaaaaat??!!&(^*^!! She could not get a man and had paralysing family and personal relationship issues because, seriously, one of her nostrils was not exactly the same shape as the other. Seriously. That and, oh yes, one of her breasts was slightly larger than the other. Unhappily, we were treated to unpleasant zoom-in close-ups of both the underside of her nose and her boobs. Duh, every woman has one breast slightly larger than the other, usually the one on the heart side. I could not tell the difference, but apparently her narcissism demanded plastic surgery. Clicked back to the tsunami. Now there's an issue.

What is wrong with people? Put me in mind of a documentary I unfortunately watched a while ago (why do I do it?) about teenaged girls in Britain who were getting boob jobs. And their demented parents thought it was a great idea!! Here were mum and dad, sitting around the kitchen table saying what a great idea is was for 14-year-old Jenny to be getting her boobs done. It was sick..........back to Toddlers and Tiaras.

No comments:

Post a Comment