Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

More on high heels

Read an interesting view of high heels by Russell Smith in the Globe and Mail the other day. He said:

"This is a political question that a man dare not venture an opinion on (bad grammar there, but not mine). I came of age in an era in which high heels were denounced as instruments of male oppression. They hobble, damage the feet, distort the tendons in the leg and are deliberately painful, like corsets and all the other constraining female garb that men, not coincidentally, do not have to wear. In my 20s, the women around me would have considered wearing any kind of heel a betrayal of their most dearly held principles. And many of those women still feel that way. Like most guys, I react powerfully to the erotic charge of the elongated leg and outthrust buttocks that high heels deliver. But to this day, I feel vaguely guilty about it."

Nevertheless, I wouldn't be without them. I just love high heels.

1 comment:

  1. Me too. and it has nothing to do with men. I would like to think that my femininity is self-defined, not male defined.

    ReplyDelete