Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

More high heels

As if I needed more high heels, but that's exactly what I bought last Friday. I discovered Arnold Churgin Shoes back in 2001, when step-daughter, Sarah, lived in Calgary. I bought a pair of black, patent leather heels that I have worn and worn and worn and worn. I have had them repaired a dozen times because they are the most comfortable high heels I own. They go with everything and I adore them. But even they will not go on forever. So, in I popped to Arnold Churgin. Emerged with a new pair of patent pumps, a gorgeous pair of multi-coloured suedes and a lovely, low-cut pair of browns. The browns have what is called "toe cleavage" -- the splits between your toes show, which is so attractive (I think). In the '20s, toe cleavage was considered very risque. Read that in The New York Times. At my age and stage, toe cleavage will have to do.

Obviously, there is a reason this blog is called "The View From High Heels". I believe shoes make the outfit. I mean, put on a great dress, fabulous jewellery and the wrong shoes and your outfit is toast. I spend much less on clothes because the shoes carry the day -- or night. That and jewellery. The cheapest pair of the right earrings will take a nothing outfit over the top. Can't count how many times I have seen women in expensive outfits with expensive -- but very dull -- earrings. The overall effect is zero -- especially if they add stupid hair to the mix. What's stupid hair? Dyed for too many years, too long for your age, the 50's page-boy look when you're 60, inch-long roots, Margaret-Atwood-hair...you get the idea.

So, that's my shallow blog for today.

5 comments:

  1. Never having had the chance to set foot in Arnold Churgin Shoes, I am curious as to the average price of a pair of shoes...

    Stuck In Vancouver =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. About $125. Very reasonable when you love shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happens to Arnold Churgin shoes that either go out of style or out of season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! I have no clue, but I think they just go on sale.

      Delete
  4. I have been buying shoes at Arnold's for over 20 years. The older Italian shoes generally come back in style so hang onto them. Previously, all Arnold Churgin shoes were made in Italy or Spain. Now, sadly they carry mostly made in China shoes......these shoes do not last nor do they come back in season.

    ReplyDelete