Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Really?!

Here I was, watching the Tour de France on TV.  What I was watching were a bunch of bums on bikes from behind.  Who effing cares?!  I had gone to a local restaurant to meet a friend for dinner, because B is away visiting his kids and grandkids in the Gatineau Hills, and that was what was on the big TV. 

Why didn't I go?  I went last year, but sadly my stepdaughter has morphed into her biological mother and my son-in-law doesn't like me.  As Carol Matthau said about her own kids, "I don't like people who don't like me."

Me neither.

So, I am on my own and not inclined to cook.  Enjoying meeting pool friends for a bite.  An observer of humanity, I was fascinated by a middle-aged woman two seats down who was tattooed to death.  What was she doing by herself in a bar?  Several men were also at the bar and paid her no attention.  It was sad.     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment