Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Found it

Calgary -- at least the one I expected when we moved here more than four years ago.  I was surprised at how many ethnic groups were here, such as blacks, Asians and East Indians.  Where were all the white cowboys I associated with Calgary?  No where. 

But last night I came upon them.  B had suggested we go to a bar in Springbank to take in a jam session organized by the musician husband of a friend of his.  I agreed.  Whoa!  It was in a seedy strip mall and as we walked along the sidewalk, the unmistakable smell of marijuana hit me.  I actually haven't smelt it in about 35 years, but you don't forget.  Passing a group of four old hippies toking up, I caught it.  Why I was surprised, I have no clue, but I guess I am slightly out-of-it now. 

The bar was just as I remember those I used to frequent in Hull, Quebec, when I was in university.  Shabby, old, jammed and crumby.  I snapped a few pictures -- poor quality though they are -- and I present them.  Here I finally found "Calgary":

Ring any bells?


This guy was really stoned

A typical fat, white girl in Calgary








No comments:

Post a Comment