Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2016

Still prehistoric here

"It's the Civic, right," says the dipsy service agent (and I use the term "service" advisedly) when she calls the other day from Village Honda about our appointment.  "No, it's the HRV," I reply.  "Is this Nancy Clarke?"  "No, it's 'Nancy Marley-Clarke'", I reply -- still trying to be patient.  "Well, the shocks are in and I want to set up an appointment for the Civic to install them," she obliviously continues.  "The HRV has already had the shocks installed, so what are you talking about?" I ask, getting pissed off.  "No, it's the Civic," she actually says....again!!

OMG!  It's beyond belief.  What follows is about 30 seconds of paper shuffling, as she tries to figure out what the eff she's doing.  Since we have two cars on file with this organization, you would think she would have it straight about which she is talking, but no.  She just blindly picks up the phone, calls me and tries to book an appointment for the wrong car for the wrong repair. 

"Call me back," I almost yell, "when you have it figured out."  I was not about to help her.  I hang up.  She never calls back.  The next day I leave a phone message for Gord Niwa, the "Customer Service Manager" -- again "service" does not apply.  I recount the details of her mess and suggest as politely as I can that maybe training or attention to detail may be lacking -- to say the least.  Today, B took the HRV in to have the correct service attended to and Gord greets him with a totally lame explanation about what happened.......she's new.......didn't get the proper training.........there's a different protocol for parts and service.......and on and on and on.  How can there be two different protocols for parts and service??!!  And by the way, I DON'T CARE! 

What is truly galling is that big Gordie doesn't think it necessary to return my call at all.  He thinks, Neanderthal that he is, that just talking to the husband is all that's required.  No need to talk to the wife, she's just a woman.  He has absolutely no clue that women are car owners and service customers as well.  As long as they are married to someone, we just deal with the man of the house.  Women have been dealing with this attitude forever, but one would think men would at least try to hide it.  But not in good, old-boy Calgary! 

So rude and so typical of Calgarians of the male variety.  It just enrages me.  He will not have a good time the next time I visit the premises.      

No comments:

Post a Comment