Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Certainly not

Watching Trudeau hug the smug, self-satisfied Christia Freeland after her (non)speech in the House of Commons about the (non)direction foreign affairs would be heading was a reality check for those innocents who believe our hapless PM a feminist.  Do you think he would fall all over a male minister in that chamber?  He would expect the guy to do his job so, embracing the embarrassing Freeland was not a "feminist" gesture.  In fact it was a male chauvinist pig and patronizing one. 

Right up there with Donald Trump's trying to hold Theresa May's hand.  Revolting. 
_______________________________________________

"Oh my God, you have made my day," exclaimed the young lifeguard yesterday when I finally had a chance to tell her how beautiful she was.  (No, I am not your typical "feminist", I am a real one;  women of my cohort invented the movement.)  The first time I had seen her on the deck I was blown away by her beauty.  "That girl should be on the cover of Vogue," I said to myself.  She was almost crying, telling me how much she appreciated the compliment.  "I have been struggling with body-image issues lately and you have just given me a lot of confidence," she confided. 

She is half Japanese/half Caucasian, so you can imagine how exotic and lovely she is.  "The only problem with being a model," I observed, "Is they will insist you lose weight and you don't want that."  Sadly, that's true because this young woman could make a ton of money in that field to further her education. 

Nevertheless, I was happy to have given her ego a boost. 
_______________________________________________

I am trying to block a bunch of followers from having access to my blog, but I can't seem to figure out how?  If you never comment -- either negatively or positively -- don't read it.  Here you are:

Ava, Shale 392, Deb C, Hairburner, Barbara Angele, Aknoll, running yogini, BG, Kim Chernuska, Roy Goodall, Lisa DeVido, bmacfire, Grace Seaby, kierlandbrae. 
Now you know how I feel about you.   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment