Search This Blog

Friday, June 9, 2017

I'm glad you said that

That's what the garden-centre guy said to me after the woman ahead had checked out.  "Oh, she'll be back to return it," I replied.  We were talking about the container of dahlias she had just bought while complaining to the cashier.

Of course, she was holding up everyone behind her because she was also arguing about the scanned price of her planter.  "No, the sign said $18.95," said "Mrs. Entitled Calgary 2017".  So, we all had to wait while the clerk schlepped over to check out the price.  Naturally, it turned out someone had put the 20-inch planter she wanted in with the 10-inch, cheaper variety and Mrs. Calgary was insisting on the cheaper price.

When that didn't work, she said, "I'm not taking it.  Put it back."  The whole episode had begun with the dahlias, when she had held up the cue asking the kid who unloads and pushes racks of flowers around -- who just happened to be walking by -- how dahlias did in our climate.  As if talking to a horticultural graduate, she said, "I know they do well in Abbotsford," she opined.  But we were not in Abbotsford.  Then she turned to me and asked if I knew about dahlias in Calgary? 

"Just google it on your phone," I said, audibly adding "Oh my God!" while she fiddled with her phone.  After she had checked out, the warehouse guy said, "I'm glad you said that.  What do I know about dahlias?  I'm an out-of-work aircraft mechanic."  That's when I added, "She'll be back with something to complain about.  Guaranteed.  That miserable type always are."  Why is it people who hate their lives push around store clerks? 
________________________________________________

The latest ravings in the women's locker room at the Y concern Trudeau's desire to implement "gender-neutral" birth certificates.  "I kid you not," said a mother of teenagers, eyes bulging. 

Whaaaaaat??!!  She then went on to tell me about the various iterations of washrooms at the high school her kids attended and the rainbows painted on the walls....and on.....and on.....and.....on.

It's all insane.  But the capper is "gender-fluid".  Ignorant of grammar and speech, they mean "gender fluidity", but the deal is that one day you can use the women's washroom and the next the men's.  How great is that for perverts?! 

We are a civilization in steep decline.   

        

No comments:

Post a Comment