Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

B saved $55,330

The price of watches is ludicrous.  For a device that simply tells them what time it is, some people will actually fork out thousands and thousands of dollars.  Obviously, it's to signal to others just how filthy rich you are, that you are someone who can simply toss out more than $50,000 for a trifling watch. 

Reading 'Fortune' the other day, B came across an ad for VERY expensive watches. Taking a look, I saw one called an 'Audemars Piquet' for.....wait for it.....$55,400!  I mean, seriously!  B replaced his trusty 'Timex' a few days ago for....wait for it.....$70, meaning he saved $55,330.  He gave his other "trusty Timex" to our grandson who was absolutely thrilled!  An analog timepiece, it will now teach him to actually tell time, something you can't really do with the digital variety.

I have to add that B has a number of expensive watches, which I now wear -- including an antique Cartier, and Omega Seamaster -- but he prefers the Timex. 

Here is the most expensive watch I have ever seen:
The $55,400 Audemars Piquet

B's $70 Timex
I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment