Search This Blog

Friday, December 6, 2019

Nothing to see here, folks, move along

Incredibly, the federal government  just released a study that says female workers who have children fall behind male counterparts financially and in career progression.

No kidding!

I have been saying this ever since I became pregnant with my first child in 1976.  Because they have the biological function of child bearing, women are penalized in the workforce.  When I had my first, I had to leave my post and go on unemployment insurance.  When I returned six months later, I was given "a" job back, not mine.  Someone else was sitting in my office doing my job.  Same thing with my second in 1979.  Only six months' UI, then back to "a" job.  Of course I fell behind.

So, it takes the government 43 years to get this figured out.  Duh!  Clawing my way back and drawing on the talent God gave me, I moved on and up, but certainly the system didn't give a sh-t.  What pisses me off are women who take up an expensive spot in an institute of higher learning, get a degree and then sit on their asses at home when they have a kid.  Why do they think we went to the barricades?  Why do they think it's OK?  I have heard so many educated women say how fortunate they are to be able to stay home -- while some man finances them -- and take care of their kids.  In reality, these are the "Real housewives of.....wherever....."  Frankly, most join a "Mum's Club" and drink wine.

Sad.  Their kids would be much better off in daycare with professionals looking after them instead of watching mummy drink wine on some neighbour's patio.
_________________________________
But back to what's happening here.  Apparently, femicide is increasing.  Of the 118 murders of women and girls so far in Canada in 2019 (apparently likely a low number, say authorities), 98 perpetrators have been identified.  Of those, 98% were friends, family or acquaintances; only eight percent were strangers, says the report from the Women's Centre for Social Justice in Toronto.

In fact, the relationship between victims and killers was known in 77% of cases.  Only eight percent were strangers.  And where were the majority of these killings?  Nunavut, Yukon, Manitoba and Alberta.  And who were killed?  Indigenous women and girls.

So, folks, we know who is killing these women and girls:  Their own family members.  No need for further inquiries into "Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women". 

No comments:

Post a Comment