Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Getting sick of it

You can't turn on CTV or CBC without being bombarded by the same information about the virus.  Yes, yes, we all know, wash your hands and stay away from people.  After two weeks of this, it's all a bit tedious because, unless you are living on Mars, you know all this.

The disturbing thing to me is that all the messages from medical "professionals" are different.  With the pretend-PM at home, hiding under the bed, there is absolutely no leadership in this crisis.  All the provincial medical officers give different advice and the federal "expert", Theresa Tam, rarely says anything.  So, it's every "expert" for him/herself at this point.  Our mayor, the useless and absent Nenshi, gave this profound advice the other day, when he poked his head out from his lair in his mother's basement:  "Well, it wouldn't hurt to have a few extra cans of tuna on hand."

I kid you not!  That's all he said! 

Ventured to the local grocery store early this morning, after I got out of the pool.  Usually empty at this time of the day, it was packed!  The shelves weren't empty, just spotty, but the lineups at the cash were ridiculous.  "There is nothing wrong with our supply chains," the cashier told me.  "All you need is three-days' food because we have the supplies and we're constantly re-stocking shelves."

Of course, that fell on deaf ears.

The good news is the lanes at the pool are pretty well empty, so I get one all to myself these "pandemic" days.  Every morning I look for Jerry, my family physician swim buddy.  If he's there, I feel reassured and he was there today. 

Onward and upward!


No comments:

Post a Comment