Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2020

While the rest of us......

 .....are stuck at home climbing walls and chewing on furniture, Trudeau has permitted a thousand refugees to waltz into this country willy-nilly.  Why?  Because they will vote Liberal.  All you need is an address and photo ID and you can vote.  Obviously, you can tell I am not in favour of this approach because I believe one should have to be a citizen to vote.  But that's not the Liberal way, as we all know.     


________________________________
The other photo I'd like to share reflects one of my many pet peeves:


To think that 'The Globe and Mail' and Elizabeth Renzetti don't know the difference between " 'til ", as in "until" and "till", as in where the cash is kept!  How The Globe has fallen.  And in a headline, no less! 
______________________________

I had this published in 'The Calgary Herald' today:


Universal, subsidized daycare was first promoted when I hadn't yet had my first.  I had a very good job in Toronto at Du Pont of Canada and wanted to start a family, so at a company cocktail party, I gingerly approached Bob Richardson, then president, and told him I thought in-house daycare would be an innovative benefit to provide employees.  I envisioned wonderful and widespread publicity about how progressive and forward-thinking Du Pont was, a trail-blazer etc., etc.  He actually snorted, scoffed, turned on his heel and rudely walked away.  Obviously, he had a wife at home who handled all the bothersome stuff such as annoying children, so didn't give a rat's ass about women who wanted to keep advancing in their careers.  

Somehow, thanks to a hodgepodge solutions, ranging from grandparents to neighbours, to live-in nannies, to daycare, to after-four programs -- you name it -- I managed to keep working while raising two children and two step-children.  This is where I remind you that B and I supported nine people:  Ourselves, four children, two delinquent ex's -- one of whom we actually had to pay monthly! -- and a nanny.

So, to all you women using child-care as an excuse to sit on your well-educated asses, I say:  I'm not buying it. 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment