Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Back to the future

 "Remember when we worked in Transport Canada and ran the federal presence for EXPO '86," I said to my dear friend in Ottawa on the phone tonight.  "Remember we used to fly to Vancouver every month swanning around in our mink coats in the Hotel Vancouver, praying no religious animal-rights lunatic would spray us with green paint?"  

"Oh God, yes," she laughed.  "Mine was only female pelts," she bragged.  I have no clue what gender mine was, but I loved that mink coat.

So, after having had a root canal today, I rewarded myself with a mink coat.  

I tried to buy one in freezing-cold Calgary, but couldn't!?  What's up with that?!  Left messages and emails and no one called me back.  So, I went on Amazon.  Sure enough, a New York retailer was only too happy to take my $4,700!  I will be getting my beautiful, full-length mink shortly.  I am thrilled!  

What's money for?!  Can't wait to wear it!  Mink is the warmest fur, but also the lightest.  

___________________________________

Just wanted to post a few observations about my stepdaughter.  No judgments, you be the objective judge:

1.  In the nine years we have lived here, she has visited once;

2.  She never phones her father; B has to actually make appointments and wait days to call his grandchildren in Houston.  Even then, when he waits all day, they usually aren't home when he calls;

3.  We couldn't visit our cottage in Quebec this summer because of COVID, but she did and stayed in the cottage we had booked.  No thank you whatsoever.

4.  We have spent about $75,000 for B (and me a few times) to fly to Washington and Houston many times and sponsor his daughter and grands.  Never a thank you.

As I said, you be the judge of the disrespect B (who cares about me?!) has suffered.

I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment