Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

A very polite adonis

 Just a word about a young man at the pool, I'll refer to him as "D".  He is absolutely gorgeous and the great thing about being my age is that I can tell him that with no qualms.  When you are younger, you wouldn't dare tell anyone of the other gender he/she was gorgeous!  The young female lifeguards envy me and my candor.

"I thought that was you," he said as I swam up at the end of the lane.  As we distance-chatted, I realized that what made this lovely guy so attractive was his politeness (or is that "politesse"?)  I also told him that too, congratulating his mother for how she reared him.  

At my age, for some reason you become invisible -- except to aggressive young men in cars or trucks tailgating you.  They see my white hair and just HAVE to get by me.  Otherwise, no one notices you anywhere.

_____________________________

On another note, I decided to turn my blog into a book....well actually with more than 1,700 posts since I began, it'll be seven volumes, hard cover.  Very professional-looking, putting my wisdom into book form will only cost $1,200.  Hahahaha!  But I think it'll be worth it so my grandchildren will know that I am more than an old grandma who makes muffins.  I am someone who has -- and had -- a very interesting life and career, someone with opinions and brains.  Otherwise, I will die and they will not have known me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment