Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2020

Thrilled!

My seven-volume, hard-cover, full-colour, glossy blog journals arrived yesterday.  It's magnificent!  The publishers did an amazing job in layout and design and I am flabbergasted at the professionalism of it.  Here's one volume:

I know it was expensive -- $1,200 -- but it was so worth it.  Actually, I think I got a bargain!  It only took two-and-a-half weeks from when I ordered it, November 10th, and here it is printed, shipped and delivered.  Bite me McLelland and Stewart and every other traditional printer.

In fact, had I sent my blog to any of them, it would have been rejected.  

Started reading through it and was brought up short by how good a writer I am.  Frankly, I could not put it down.  Sorry to say, but I am a good and entertaining writer and am not going to be falsely modest about it.  I really wonder how far I could have gone in the journalism world in Toronto had I not moved to Ottawa with then-husband.  When I think that my contemporaries were Christie Blatchford and Margaret Wente, I think pretty far.  That marriage didn't last, but gave me two fabulous offspring, so that's what I focus on, not my lost career as a journalist.  But still......

These journals are my legacy and will ensure my grandchildren know there was more to grandma than muffins. 

4 comments:

  1. so how does one get a copy for a price of course . how wonderful for your legacy to your grandkids..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read the blog correctly?! It was $1,200 for all seven volumes! It may be cheaper, now that it has been formatted, etc., but probably not much! I am flattered, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I that the $1200 was the charge for the publisher's work, not to sell the volumes to the public
      .

      Delete