Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2022

The poor Pope

Here is poor, old crippled Pope Francis, hobbling around in a wheelchair apologizing for the abuse of children in residential schools by Catholic clergy.  Sadly, what no one mentions is that the majority of the abuse was perpetrated by older students on younger -- not by those who ran the schools.

But don't take my word for it, do your own research.  Even Murray Sinclair affirmed it when he heard it repeatedly from witnesses across Canada during the Truth and Reconciliation hearings, but naturally no one picks up on this inconvenient truth because it doesn't fit the Indigenous victimhood narrative and would never play well on television.  So, the media spouts it and Francis, unfairly, has to wear it.

I was appalled watching a group of feathered chiefs at a press conference going on about how they and their people had been horribly abused.  Each chief had a turn at the microphone and really went to town.  They even had the nerve to ask for MORE MONEY to help "victims" with healing services because, "We don't have the resources," they claimed.  Really?  You have millions and billions -- much of it stashed away in secret accounts in The Indian Trust Fund no one (except me) seems to bother to know about.  Look it up.

Naturally, a bunch of natives came on the air saying that an apology does no good and they won't accept it.  So, why did the poor pope come?  You knew this would be the reaction.  He did it in good faith at the request of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops so they could dump the whole mess on Francis and slither out of it.  Cute trick, in my view.  

And where are the other religious leaders who ran residential schools?  Where are the Anglicans?  Where is the United Church?  Beats me?!

So, my hat is off to Francis.  He is really an innocent in all this while the Theatre of the Absurd plays out all around him.  I smell more money.  

  

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about ms Talega . They want more money. In one of your previous blogs you worked with a Ms gesior I did work with her. Her work was poor. I wonder how she got to a managerial position

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who you are and I wish I did. Please give your name. But I did work for Diane and it was a negative experience. She became a manager because she was no threat to Marg Ogden, who appointed her instead of me; I was a threat to Ms. Ogden, an insecure woman who bit her nails to the quick (clue number one). But my loyalty was to the field and the field's to me. That was my trump card. When it comes to women, never underestimate envy in the workplace.

      Delete