"Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the devastating wildfires across France, Spain and the U.K. We are deeply grateful to the firefighters, emergency services and volunteers working tirelessly in extraordinarily difficult conditions."
I was dismayed when I saw this post from Prince William about the tragedy of wildfires, but he only mentioned three countries -- two of which have nothing to do with the Monarchy.
![]() |
| Canada on fire. |
Canada, on the other hand, has the King as Head of State and we currently have 918 active fires burning across Canada. It is unacceptable for the future King to ignore this and I have to wonder who is running his office? I tried to send an email to William, but you have to write in person and I know, having written many such responses to constituents for ministers, I would just get a nebulous response.
But someone should remind the guy that he should have a peek at Canadian news now and then. Whatever the guys in his office are getting paid, it's obviously too much.
____________________
A word about the insufferable and odious Chrystia Freeland. She had the gall to pen an essay in 'The New York Times', raking Trump over the coals and calling him "Bully in Chief". Talk about pot-and-kettle! There was no bigger bully in Parliament than Ms. Freeland -- witness all the ADMs of Finance who immediately took early retirement the minute she walked in the door.
![]() |
| This was our "classy" finance minister and deputy PM in the House of Commons. You could not make this up! |
She's now pocketing a huge retirement package and earning big bucks taking money from all and sundry in Ukraine, while simultaneously serving as warden of the Rhodes Trust. I wonder if she ran that by Carney? If so, it was a dumb idea while Tweedledum and Tweedledee are in the middle of "negotiations" in Washington. Talk about poking the bear!
Whatever you may think about Trump, he is the president of the United States and has a direct role in our economy. Trashing him is not a good idea. "The economics of Mr. Trump's tariff attacks on Canada are not really the point," she writes. Really? Yes they are, Ms. Freeland. What did James Carville say back in 1992? "It's all about the economy, stupid.
He was right. He still is.


No comments:
Post a Comment