Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Musings on the new PM

My kids and step-kids went to school with Justin Trudeau.  They also played in the same soccer league, where I spent many hours chatting with his mother, Margaret.  Trust me, he takes after her, so taking him seriously is a tad difficult.  And I understand I am not alone.  Many world leaders are convinced he is a light-weight.  So am I. 

I guess we're in for more abortion, more injection sites, legalized assisted suicide, no more jets fighting ISIS and burgeoning deficits.  All very sad.  This is what happens when people are sick and tired of a leader.  Yet Harper has no one to blame but himself because he put himself front and centre -- not only during the campaign, but also throughout his tenure as PM. 

Harper was the PM, Harper was the government and Harper was Canada's face to the world.  I think Albertans were the only sane voters because they roundly rejected the Liberals under "Trudeau the younger". 

Friends, we are in for some very bad times.  With the hapless Notely in Alberta and the vacuous Trudeau in Ottawa, woe is us.        

No comments:

Post a Comment