Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Forties "Scoop"

So, the latest law suit natives have been on about is the "Sixties Scoop", when native children were taken from their dysfunctional and/or abusive families and placed with other Canadians.  Now, these people are suing the Canadian Government for millions because they were "deprived" of their heritage.

What heritage? Abuse, neglect, poverty?

Seriously.

I was part of the "forties scoop", when illegitimate children born out of wedlock were adopted by families wanting unable to have their own.  Thank God I was taken from my birth mother and reared by the wonderful people who were my parents. 

Should I sue the Ontario government and claim I was a victim of the "forties scoop"?  The "culture" I was deprived of was one of white trash.  My grandmother ran a boarding house and was on relief.  Her mother was a native from the Tyendinaga Reserve.  What a disaster that would have been!  My other relatives worked on a production line for DuPont of Canada.  Thanks to the "forties scoop", when I was adopted out and reared by fabulous people. 

Should I sue?     

No comments:

Post a Comment