Search This Blog

Monday, July 24, 2017

Once a year

That's the only time I get my car properly washed.  B and I take both cars way-the-hell-and-gone down Macleod Trail to 'Bubbles', a detailing wash.  We then go to 'Chop' in the Chinook Mall for a lovely lunch.  Except today, I could find nothing on the menu worth eating. 

I hate arugula.

And everything had arugula.

I also hate aioli.

And everything had aioli.

I hate "smoked".

And everything was smoked.

I hate "spicy"

And everything was spicy. 

"The chicken club, is it really smoked smoked?" I asked the server (wanted to say 'waitress', but apparently that term has gone the way of  'stewardess').  "I really like it and it's not that smoked," she replied.  So I ordered it.

What a mistake.

Not only was the chicken smoked, so were the cheese and the bacon.  What the f??!!??  It was like eating a BBQ grill.  Can no one prepare actual food that tastes like it actually tastes?  Apparently not.  I picked my way through the onion rings I had had the sense to order and left the rest.  The waitress asked how everything was; looking at my plate she could have figured that out all by herself. 

Predictably, the bill included the sandwich I didn't eat. 

Upon leaving, we were asked by the stunned "hostess" how everything was?  "Awful," I told her.  "Smoked is an acquired taste," she stupidly said.  "I am very old and have yet to acquire it," I replied.  "Do you want to speak to a manager?"  "I told the waitress and I told you and if neither of you is empowered to do anything about it, why ask me how everything was?"  To which she had no reply. 

It's all such expensive crap.               

No comments:

Post a Comment