Search This Blog

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Some people think....

...if it's not on facebook, it didn't happen.  These insecure types have to plaster every place they go and everything they do, eat or drink all over the internet.

I'm sick of it.

We just spent three days on vacation with our brood and I think I took four pictures -- none of me, by the way.  I know people who would have stuck 50 on fb and written inane descriptions of each obvious moment.  "Here's a muffin I ate....Look at my kids in the pool....we took a walk and saw a dead bird....look at my coffee!....This is the dinner I made."  Frankly, I'd find a photo of what came out of them after the dinner more biologically interesting. 

But no one ever posts a picture of that. 

And secret smokers would never post shots of themselves furtively sneaking a fag behind the garage.  Similarly, ever seen a drunk selfie?  Me neither.  Facebook is a useful tool to keep up with far flung friends, but it can be carried to extremes.  My philosophy is, if stopping everything to pose for a selfie is going to ruin the moment, don't.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment