Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2017

Another place....

....I have yet to visit in the six years we have lived here is Stampede.  Hate crowds and they're huge there.  I would go to the rodeo events, but the tickets are $200-$300, which is ridiculous, so the closest I get to cowboy season is the wearing of one of my beautiful cowboy hats and a pair of my gorgeous boots.  Even then, people look at you as if you're a tad touched because no one outside Stampede Park dresses in Western wear for the 10-day event. 

It's not just Stampede, when we lived in Ottawa I avoided the Ex, the Tulip Festival and Winterlude like the plague.  In addition to the crowds, the porta-potties are another HUGE no-no.  And lineups!  People here actually queued for five hours to have a pancake!!!!  In 31 degree heat!!  Are they insane??!!  I mean, there's nothing cheaper and easier to make than pancakes so stay home and fire up the griddle.  Who wants to stand in a marathon line with screaming kids, behind and in front of strangers.

Must be showing my age, but not me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment