Search This Blog

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Last time I checked....

....December 25th was Christmas.  It wasn't "Holiday Day" or "Seasonal Day", it was Christmas Day.  Every year this bugs the sh-t out of me and it's doing it again this year.  Why in G-d's name do we have to do away with the term "Christmas"?  Because some people don't celebrate it?

Bullsh-t.  I'm surprised 'A Christmas Carol' hasn't been banned!  And 'Handel's Messiah' must be another sacrilege that should never be heard in the multi-cultural public thoroughfare.   

People have no problem with actual Muslim, Hindu and Jewish days being celebrated -- in fact they're publicized all over the place.  So why are Christians disenfranchised?!  And why do we put up with it?  When I was a kid, Christmas was Christmas and those who didn't celebrate stayed home, or joined in to support those who did.  Remember Nativity Plays at schools and churches?  Whatever happened to them?  It's complete bullsh-t and I'm sick of it.

What I remember is that the Jewish kids in my classes took their own holidays off, but they took Christmas as well.  I also remember asking a Hindu colleague of mine if she would be at work on December 25th.  She laughed at the ridiculousness of the idea.

It's time for those of us who celebrate Christmas and love Jesus to stand up and be counted.  Here's the button I wear every year:

   

    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment