Search This Blog

Monday, November 27, 2017

What's the point?

I was just upbraided by a fellow, unknown-to-me member of the Retired HQs CRA facebook group for posting a comment about what I thought about the ridiculousness of the agency now targeting rich neighbourhoods to see if people are cheating on their taxes.  I think it's crazy that with all the data we have, we are forced to resort to peeking into people's garages to see what kind of cars they are driving, or checking marinas to see if they have a yacht, to surmise if they might be avoiding tax.  I said I thought whoever was advising the minister should be fired.  And that's exactly what I think. 

With all the data we collect and with all the numbers we import from StatsCan, we now have to rely on postal codes and snooping to find out what's going on?  Frankly, the CRA needs to close the legal loopholes these people are using, instead of stalking neighbourhoods and spying on people. 

I was very proud of having been a part of the Canada Revenue Agency and it upsets me to see it trashed and ridiculed in the House of Commons and public thoroughfare.  But apparently, opinions are against the group's rules, so I have left.  Thanks to whoever put me into it in the first place, but what is the point of any group if members can't comment?  If it's just about who died, who went on vacation, who played golf and who retired, no thanks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment