Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2018

All blah blah

It was fascinating to watch how many times Horgan, Notley, Scheer and Trudeau could say the same things over and over yet say nothing.  Trudeau and Notley asserted the pipeline would get built; Horgan said essentially he would do everything he could -- both legally and illegally -- to stop it.  Horgan has basically gone rogue.  The other big problem is the Liberals have 12 seats in BC and only two in Alberta.  Therein lies the rub.

The natives are all over the place, some for, some against.  The ever-delusion Perry Bellegarde complained natives had not been consulted, in the face of the reality that they had been consulted more on this pipeline than ever before on anything.  Ever, ever, "In real life," as my four-year-old granddaughter says when trying to differentiate between truth and fiction.  Out of the mouths...............

I actually remember the Parliamentary and constitutional kerfuffle surrounding The Great Pipeline Debate of 1956.  Even though I was only nine, I had started to notice television coverage of such issues.  I also remember dinner table conversations among my parents, grandmother, aunts and uncles about it.  It registered.

Everything old is new again.  All I can say is it better happen.   



No comments:

Post a Comment