Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Flukes

I've just realized that everything that actually works is a fluke.  Things you think should and will work, don't and when something works, it's actually a fluke.

Life in its entirety is actually a series of flukes.  "Life is made up of small victories and mediocre defeats," said B a while ago.  That's absolutely true.  He also said, "If you could only separate the crap from the crap."  Another gem because basically, it's all crap in one form or another.  A while ago I blogged about his late mother's maxim:  Everything can be explained by money or stupido.  Exactly.

If you think of what's working in your life, or not, it's either by fluke, money or stupido. 

Never fails.

p.s.  A negative shout out to my Houston step-daughter, who hasn't called her father for 11 months.  B did call there other day to speak to his grandkids and she deigned to allow it.  How generous of her!  His daughter is the most self-centred, disrespectful person I know.  After all we have done for her, she cuts him off.  Must be my fault.  Everything apparently is.  She better not dare show up for his funeral, is all I can say.  Oh, but that will be perfect because it will give her more money to smoke and drink red wine.

p.p.s.  She just emailed B and said I was lying about her.  I was not.  I am a truth-teller.  Maybe she doesn't know what the word "deign" means.  He did call and spoke to his grands, but she never calls here and hasn't for 11 months.  I stand by my comment about her being disrespectful because that's what it amounts to.  If you don't try to contact your father for that long, you are not respecting him.

At one point, he was reduced to making appointments to call his grands.  After waiting all day for the time, he would call only to be told they were out or busy and he didn't get to talk to them.  He was always very disappointed.  If that's not disrespect, I don't know what is.      

No comments:

Post a Comment