Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Unconscionable

What have I always said?  Natives do not identify as "Canadian".  The airwaves have been belching out the ravings of native leaders bragging about how they never vote in "Canadian" elections because they are "nations". 

Please. 

No, they are not nations.  They are culturally different, but they are not nations.  "My people do not vote in Canadian or American elections because we do not recognize any "nation" but our own," said one ignorant chief.  (I am using "ignorant" in the proper way, i.e., does not know what a "nation" is.)  But this same chief takes millions from "Canadians" every year.   "I have never voted in any election and my people won't either," he helpfully added.  In one reserve area of 8,000, only 56 souls actually voted. 

WTF??!!

I find it disgusting that natives in this country are content to rifle through the pockets of hard-working Canadians, yet refuse to participate in elections.  But, of course, why would they?  They will get their millions regardless of who wins.

It is so wrong.  You can't take money from a country and then not only refuse to account for it, but also refuse to vote for those who fork it over.  I have two status friends, one who lives here, and I find it disheartening and dishonest that neither publically comments on this issue.  Why is that?

And does the media call them on it?  Of course not.  So wrong.     

No comments:

Post a Comment