Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2021

Humans

Scores of "experts" have sworn the Lytton fire was the direct result of climate change.  The fire service, however, says it was caused by human activity.  

Frankly, I still don't believe humans are causing climate change.  The climate has been changing for millions of years -- even when the sanctimonious Neil Young wasn't idling his tour bus outside an Edmonton hotel for 24 hours.  In fact, there is evidence that wine was being made from vineyards growing in the north of Scotland, where it is a tad chilly.  

So, it will continue to change and we will, as they say, adapt or die.  Frankly, I think it will be the latter because politics and the economy are tied up in knots with carbon products.  That equals money, so that's how it will remain.

_________________________

Just want to bitch about a facebook annoyance.  One that particularly irks me are the folks who post "Happy Tuesday," or whatever day it is every morning and then sign off with a "Goodnight" every friggin' night.  People, we all know what day it is, thanks!

________________________

Tomorrow the movers will be here to pack us up for our move to Cochrane, Alberta; the day after they'll move us.  This I am not looking forward to!  Who enjoys moving?!  I really thought the move to Calgary would be our last, but the only child who is in a position to care for us as the runway shortens is the daughter and son-in-law who live there.  And, of course, our dear grands will be close.  It's ironic that the day I walked into B's office in 1980 to help with a conference (forced by my then-boss) would be the day my fate and his were sealed.  

Now that his two offspring have declared themselves unworthy traitors and my son, with whom I chat every day, lives in Toronto and has a very good job.  So, it's down to one daughter here.  Not sure if she has twigged to that, but she will have to.

So, I will be off-line for a few days until we are all hooked up again.  Remember when all you had to remember was the phone?  Ya, gone. 


2 comments:

  1. I agree totally that human activity has negligible impact on the climate. Hope the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally that human activity has negligible effect on climate. Best wishes on your move!

    ReplyDelete