Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

A super guy

 "I'm one of the only guys left who doesn't wear a face shield," said Flames left winger Milan Lucic yesterday, when I bumped into him at a swim meet.  

We were there to watch granddaughter in a waterpolo practice and he was there with his wee daughter to cheer on his other daughter in her race.  "That looks exactly like Milan Lucic," I said to B as we squeezed past him in the visitors' gallery.  "It is Milan Lucic," said B, whereupon I immediately stopped to chat and bother him -- one of my specialties.  He was so polite when I stopped to chat.  "I hope I'm not bothering you," I said, "but you guys get paid to be bothered, hahahaha!"  He agreed.

Winner of the Stanley Cup in Boston in 2007-2008, he then graciously agreed to a picture, while I boringly told him how I had dated a couple of NHLers back in the day.  You'll be happy to know that I politely refrained from asking him why the Flames suck -- because they do -- but I held off.  Here is the Vancouver-born Serb Milan:



No comments:

Post a Comment