Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2022

"Feminist" acquaintances

Just a few words about a some acquaintances who claim to be "feminists".  What is "feminism"?  What is "Women's Lib"?  Frankly, I have no clue because these days, I identify with neither.  All I know is my cohort "invented" both concepts so we could keep some sort of job after having had kids.  At least, that was my objective.

We went to the "barricades".  Some of the more radical burned bras, but I never did because I was still proud of being a woman and looking as good as I could.  Bras weren't the problem.  How we were treated when we became pregnant on the job was -- at least it was for me.


When I fell pregnant, I was working for Central Mortgage and Housing and actually had to wear bulky clothes and walk around holding files in front of my belly to hide it.  A competition came up, I applied and won.  But when they found out I was pregnant, they cancelled the competition -- thank you Bill Teron!  When I was on maternity leave, they re-opened it and the guy who had come second -- and who could not inconveniently become pregnant -- was appointed.  

I kid you not! 

Today, I am acquainted with a few self-proclaimed "feminists".  One, let's call her BM-F, has never earned a dollar in her entire life.  She was supported by her father (as were we all, as children), then married a guy who supported her, divorced him, lived on alimony and child support, and then married another wealthy guy who conveniently died and left her a million or so.  But, according to her, she's a "feminist".  Go figure!  Living off men all your life disqualifies you as a "feminist".

She blindly supports Trudeau and idolizes Freeland.  Why?  Because Trudeau claims to be a "feminist".  OMG!  The guy who gropes and shoves women in the House of Commons?  Freeland, the woman who struts around in too-tight, too-short dresses pushing everyone around?  "She speaks five languages, you know," BM-F exclaimed.  Here's a bulletin:  Living off men all your life disqualifies you as a "feminist" and insults those of us who have always earned our own living.       

Then, we have another "Church lady" who actually did work and now collects a fat pension.  She declares she will always vote Liberal.  "What about Trudeau and his scandals and disgraceful conduct in London, for example," asked B.  "What about his sexual misconduct?"  I don't care, he's a "feminist" and I always vote Liberal.  Informed?  Hardly.

Then we have another well-off retired bureaucrat, AK, who only hangs around with other generously-pensioned women and disdains men.  She's had a number of them, but nothing stuck, so now she and her scorned buddies are all man-hating losers.

And then there are all the women I know who took up an expensive seat in an institute of higher learning, got a degree or diploma and then sat on their asses and lived off their husbands.  FLJ, SM-CL, SO, TGS, T and W -- I'm lookin' at you.  You know who you are.  That's very wrong.  

So, to all the "feminists" out there who have lived off men while bad-mouthing them I say "Bullsh-t". 

Will "Blogspot" delete this?  We'll see.


      

 

    

    


No comments:

Post a Comment