Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Took about a year

"I'm not loving it," said my dermatologist yesterday, as he examined a spot on my chest.  He was referring to yet another wee skin cancer that has cropped up.  Sigh.......I seem to be very prone to these annoyances.  My skin is so white it's blue, so all those teenage years of baby oil and reflectors are now getting their revenge with little eruptions left, right and centre.

The worst was one I had on my forehead a year-and-a-half ago -- the remnants of an incomplete Mohs Surgery I had had 20 years ago.  With basal cell, you have to get every last cell out, or it will come back.  When the forehead lump resurfaced, it had apparently spread widely under the skin over a few years, so the surgeon had to dig and go back in seven times before she finally got it all.  What a fun day that was!



That was in January, 2021, and I am only posting to preserve a medical history record when I get another volume of my blog printed.  Here's how it looks today:


Almost not there and this is without makeup.  When Estée Lauder and I team up, it's barely visible.  I had a very skilled plastic surgeon.  With apologies to all my friends in Ontario, Alberta's health care is first rate.  

(p.s.  I wonder if Blogger will delete my post because it may be deemed too gruesome?) 

    


No comments:

Post a Comment