Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2022

At least she resigned



I'm talking about Andrea Skinner, Chairman of the Hockey Canada Board.  I don't need to go into all the seamy details of this sordid affair, but this woman told the inquiry into the Hockey Canada mess that she had complete confidence in CEO Scott Smith.

Really??!!  You must be kidding!  This guy HAS to go!  How could a woman actually endorse this dinosaur and give him an "A" for his performance!!??  After her shocking appearance before the committee, she at least had the decency to finally resign.

Not so the CEO of Bobsleigh Canada.  After more than 90 athletes signed a petition demanding her resignation, Sarah Storey is digging in and staying put -- to the detriment of the sport.  It's unbelievable!  (Frankly, I have never understood why it is an Olympic sport in the first place, I mean, who does it in the real world?  Nobody, unless you count kids in a toboggan on the local neighbourhood hill.)  

The AGM actually had to be cancelled because of all the booing and shouting that greeted Ms. Storey's appearance.  And she hasn't resigned?  Talk about a complete lack of integrity.  Another woman who debases our gender.

Back in my early twenties, I dated a couple of NHL players, Bryan Watson and Brian Smith, may they both rest in peace.  These guys were perfect gentlemen and so respectful of me.  My mother loved them!  I don't know when the culture of entitlement and bad behaviour crept into the sport, but I suspect money had a lot to do with it.  And I also put the blame squarely on the shoulders of your average hockey mom.  You learn respect and restraint at your mother's knee; these mothers obviously didn't teach those life lessons, so focused were they on the financial windfall down the road, should their sons make it big.  

I learned today that in 2017, Trudeau created an "Office of Sport Integrity".  Really?!  Apparently, its mandate is to ensure sports are safe and its watch word is "Abuse-free sports".  How's that working?  Its commissioner is someone named Sarah-Eve Pelletier and all her underlings are women.  What have they done?  SFA, as far as I can see.  Remember the Sheldon Kennedy mess?  None of the recommendations from that report has been implemented.  Not one.

It's so appalling.    


No comments:

Post a Comment