Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2023

Unreal



There is only one good restaurant in Cochrane; everything else is a chain joint, or fast food.  Before "Fence and Post" (above) opened, we used to have to drive to Calgary for a decent meal.  Needless to say, we have frequented this new spot many times -- even inviting friends from Calgary to join us.

So, it's too bad this place is now off our list.  Why?  Because they actually asked us to free up our table and finish at the bar.  They actually did that!  Greedy, they had over-booked as usual and people were lining up.  We had finished our meal and I was lingering over a second glass of wine -- my two for the week, hahaha -- a glass they were only too happy to sell me, so we weren't ready to leave.  We had, however, paid the bill, their que to kick us out.

I was completely shocked.  "You've over-booked and that's not my problem," I said to the waitress (sorry, I'm not into "server"), a woman who had served us many, many times.  "We have a flow problem tonight," she replied.  "That's not my problem," I said again, but with a big smile and not aggressively.  She then went into a long blah-blah about the inadequacy of their on-line booking system -- like I care -- and said they were changing it the next day.  Like I care!  

She then asked what time we had booked and I replied, 5:30.  "Well, it's 6:45, so an hour and 15 minutes should be enough," she actually said!  At my astonishment she said she didn't want to have this conversation and left.  If she hadn't wanted to have it, she should have told the manager to have it instead.  The upshot was that we stayed until I had finished my wine and left. 

As I said, after countless enjoyable visits, we won't be back.  Once home, I filled out the on-line review.  Wanna bet I'll never hear back?  Rhetorical.  But they've lost a couple of good customers and we're back to driving into Calgary.

Pisses me off.  



        

No comments:

Post a Comment