Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2024

Cilantro, arugula and aioli

Why does EVERY chef have to put cilantro, arugula or aioli into EVERY dish?  Apparently, because it's there and they do.  Frankly, I can't stand any of these horrors because they wreck the taste of everything.

Take good, old-fashioned mayonnaise.  Why is aioli ALWAYS in EVERY mayonnaise EVERYWHERE?  And let's not forget about kale.  WTF is up with that?!  I also hate kale.  I went on a kale site and someone asked, "What is the tastiest way to serve kale?"

There isn't one.

WTF is "sambal mayo"?!

The dreaded arugula.  Ugh!

"Chefs can't be spoken to, can they," I said to a young server the other day.  "No, they can't," he replied.  "Well, tell the chef I'd like salmon cakes, but hold the aioli, hold the kale, hold the cilantro and hold the arugula."  I felt like Jack Nicholson in 'Five Easy Pieces' trying to order breakfast.

The dreaded arugula hiding behind the salmon cake.

You'd think that would give the average chef a clue, but no, it doesn't.

If only I could find a Woolworth's lunch counter to get an ordinary, garden-variety sandwich.  Sigh.................  

 


2 comments:

  1. I am with you on this Nancy and now I want an egg salad sandwich from the Woolworth's counter. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly

    ReplyDelete