Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why high heels?

My daughter suggested I start a blog. Seems anyone can do this. Since I fancy myself a pretty good writer, a keen observer of humanity and a quick wit, why not? Why call it 'The View from High Heels"? Because I love high heels. They empower women and make even the dowdy dazzle. In fact, shoes make the outfit and I have no idea why so few women have figured that out. They go to all the trouble of getting gussied up and then put on a hideous pair of shoes and ruin the entire effect. Even the previously-elegant Montreal woman now wears dumpy shoes. Sad.

The wearing of high heels connotes a sense of self-confidence and transmits a message of "I'm in charge and I have quite a bit of nerve" -- Don't you agree? No matter a woman's age, high heels make a serious statement. My instructions to my chiropractor are to keep me in high heels as long as possible. So, that' s where the title of my blog comes from. But believe you me, this will not be frivilous ranting on fashion. I am not into fashion. I am into style in all areas of my life. More later................

1 comment: