Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

From high heels to ugly boots

Had to don my ugly boots to help my 33-year-old son (no car at the moment) buy and lug home a few necessary large purchases. That meant trips to Ikea and Walmart. Interesting observing the clientele in both establishments. Much as the Ikea patron tries to eschew the Walmart profile, both have much in common. Ugly clothes come to mind - although my outfit fitted right in with that look last night. Ikea is a nightmare, as we all know. A maze in England would be earier to navigate. But the women in both stores have one thing in common: they are trying to raise their children and create a home for them. The men seem to be either absent from these domestic excursions, or following reluctantly along. Reminded me of my grocery trips, where retired men follow the cart -- much to the chagrin of their wives. Only difference is their ages and stages.

I was exceedingly proud to be the mother of my son last night. After some dubious choices and a number of years spent mis-firing, he has come into his own. Even though he works from his home, he puts on a shirt and tie, shaves and would not have to apologize if Donald Trump dropped in unannounced. He would definitely not be "fired". More later............

No comments:

Post a Comment