Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

How can this be??!!??!

I read in the newspaper that Algonquin College has launched a new course. It is called.........wait for it.......you are not ready for this...........not yet..........sit down............calm down............breathe deeply...........wait a little longer.....get out the beads......close your eyes.......go to a happy place.......breathe more deeply........lie down......draw a bath...........get into it..........The new course is called..........I can hardly type it....... "Victimology". I kid you not! Why do I keep saying, "I kid you not"? It's because I cannot believe so many realities! So, you can now enroll in a "Victimology" course at Algonquin College and emerge a...........victim? a..........person who deals with victims?...... a person who wants to sue someone?.............Not quite sure? But the article quoted the woman (of course) director of the course and she said that "Victimology" would explore the "theory and history" of the victim. Whaaaaaat?!!!!!???!!! I can't even fathom what that means!? So, let's get this straight. If I get a degree in "Victimology" I will be able to counsel victims of.................?????? It is beyond belief that society has come to this. We cannot as friends and family and help each other. We have to turn to strangers with degrees in "Victimology" to help us through our trials. It must be an extension of "grief counselors", those "experts" who descend upon high schools after a shooting rampage. Strangers who are somehow more qualified to help than parents and grandparents. But now, someone is making money offering a course in it. Just shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment