Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Pancakes topped with cheese cake

I-Hop has an ad for pancakes topped with cheese cake. You could not make that up. How can anyone eat that!?!? Boy, americans sure like their fat. But I also saw a show on Canadian TV the other day beating the drum for BBQ season. One of the recipes called for.......wait for it.......a grilled cheese sandwich nestled between two beef patties. I think it was called 'The death burger'. I almost had a coronary watching the guy cook it. Needless to say, he was about 300 pounds.

Speaking of eating, our daughter and grandson were here for a couple of days. At 18 months, all one does is chase after him with food to keep him quiet -- unless he's sleeping, which is another bodily function I prayed for constantly. Although I hated to see the little tyke depart, I didn't really hate it. He's cute, but too much work. I now have a newly-found respect for my mother, who outfitted her house for a number of years with baby stuff, you know -- portable cribs, playpens, highchairs, toys. I took it for granted that she would do this, but not me. And she was older than I when I had children.

I have a funeral to report on, but more later..........

No comments:

Post a Comment