Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Off to a not-really cottage

Monday, we head out to the Big Rideau to stay at a friend's "cottage". Now, these people are extremely wealthy (think high-tech bubble before it burst) and she admits that we may be a bit disappointed because..."it's not really a cottage cottage." I think I can handle it, girl. For this week I will not have to bring any real clothes -- or high heels -- because it will just be B and me. For many years we went to another friend's cottage, but there were always two or three other couples with us, so that meant clothes, makeup and jewellry. I simply cannot submit people I don't trust to a face without makeup. Not that these women were bitches, but one still had to watch it. They were all American and appeared at breakfast with full-on makeup, sprayed hairdo's and "outfits". I should add they were all Texans and women in that state tend to pour it on. Being an avid swimmer, I did not apply makeup until after my morning laps around the island and too bad for them that they had to face my rosacae face and non-existant lips. No, this week it will just be my hubby and he doesn't give a damn. The only other couple who will visit for an afternoon is made up of a great gal who never wears makeup, so no worries.

Just watching one of my favourite shows, 'Sell This House'. How Roger transforms a dump into a gorgeous home for $1.98 is unfathomable. And I love Tanya, she is so genuine and cute. A complete contrast to the show that comes on next with that male chauvinistic pig Ricardo Montelongo and his door-mat wife. He bullys everyone and spoils his brat son mercilessly. Guess who's going to turn into another male chauvinist?! No matter if the project is $10,000 over budget; it's never Ricardo's fault. It's the foreman's, his wife's, the carpenter's........you name it.

Now it's off to decide which sweat pants to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment