Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Terror and table talk

Made the mistake of watching 'The Fifth Estate' last night. It was an hour of Russell William's confession and it was chilling. As the mother of a daughter who goes running (sometimes in the dark) I have always been fearful of what could happen to her. Even though she is married and safe, I cannot help but think that none of our daughters is safe. I know she will not like to read this, I don't like to write it, but evil and terror are with us. This was not a show I should have watched.

After my shift at the Museum today, went to lunch at the golf club and had a "monty python" experience, as I listened to elderly folks at the next table. "Hi George, may I join you?" "What?" "Are you alone?" "No, I'm not going home." "No, would you like company?" "Yes, I am very comfy." "What have you been up to?" "No, you don't need to tip-toe here, it's alright." "What's for lunch?" "You had a hunch?" "Is the special good?" "What?" "Are you enjoying your sandwich?" "No, I didn't have to use a sand wedge today." It was hilarious! It went on and on, yet both gentlemen communicated perfectly -- even if on different wavelengths entirely.

1 comment: