Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Confusing!

Went to a reception recently and began to chat with a young man I had met on a couple of occasions. As I addressed him by his name, his mother interrupted and said, "Oh no, now he's Molly, he's becoming a woman." And sure enough, he was growing his hair out and wore women's clothes and had makeup over his beard and wore jewellry. Weird. He is their only child and good for them to be supportive. I silently thanked God that none of my children were doing this because I know I could not handle it as well as that mother was. Unfortunately, the father was scowling, so not all perfect in that household.

Don't forget to watch 'Battle of the Blades' tonight, CBC 8 p.m. Speaking of tv, why is it that Canadian rip-offs of British shows just don't match up? Now they have a local version of 'Come Dine With Me' that tries to ape the British version, but it is not as good. It's on at the same time as the British one used to air, so I can't watch the real thing anymore. Just tacky and not funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment