Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The protocol of the fast lane

Last night I went to my first evening swim at the local pool. Only recognized two people from three years ago; neither had changed. This time there were two fast lanes: a fast fast lane and a slow fast lane. Should I chance it? Decided not to because there were a lot a young folks there booting it -- or should I say booting it and then resting for five minutes. Soon both "fast" lanes filled up to the saturation point, so I remained in the medium lane. But there is a protocol that most people ignore -- there was even one slow poke with a flutter board in the fast fast lane! Please! I am surprised no one grabbed it and clobbered her with it.

Yes, I have been very spoiled with my own pool at the condo. And don't even get me started on the changing room! What a horror. Trying to do the dance of the devil getting shoes on without feet touching the floor was a real treat! But I will hang in there 'cause I am sure there will be lots of blog material to be had from the experience.

Sitting here in the Museum office today, very slow in spite of the fact that Remembrance Day is approaching. Office politics abound here too. One woman has officially complained about my perfume causing anaphylactic(sp?) shock. She has threatened to resign unless I stop wearing my Oscar de la Renta cologne. Please! again. I have been wearing the same cologne for 40 years and have not had a complaint. And this from a woman who smokes and breezes in trailing tobacco smell all around her! So, I have agreed not to wear it when she is in. Obviously, there is more going on here than cologne. I asked her if she had a problem with men's cologne and aftershave. "No, just your perfume." And my personality and everything else about me, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment