Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Warren Buffett agrees with me

I told you I was probably not finished with the tax thing. It seems the fourth-richest man in the world agrees he and his ilk should pay lots more taxes. According to an article I read this morning, Buffett thinks it's just plain wrong that the poor and those struggling to make ends meet pay more taxes than he and his billionaire friends. He pays about 17%, the average American pays 25%. We, of course, pay more, but as I say, it's a privilege to do so in our fabulous country.

"While the poor and middle class fight for us in Afghanistan, and while most Americans struggle to make ends meet, we mega-rich continue to get our extraordinary tax breaks.

"Our leaders have asked for 'shared sacrifice.' But when they did the asking, they spared me. I checked with my mega-rich friends to learn what pain they were expecting. They, too, were left untouched," Buffett wrote. "My friends and I have been coddled long enough by a billionaire-friendly Congress," he added. "It's time for our government to get serious about shared sacrifice."

What else is there to add.

p.s. Do you think he is related to Jimmy?

No comments:

Post a Comment