Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The minute I stepped into it.....

....I felt at home. My Civic was finally all fixed and we picked her up this morning. What a relief to finally have my darling car back. I think it felt content too, having me behind the wheel again. We have been together since 2000 and are the best of buddies. I think a standard enjoys only one driver and when I depressed the clutch and shifted into gear, we were off with the familiar sounds of my little Honda engine doing its efficient thing. Even though not familiar with Calgary, I feel very safe in my trusty and loyal hatchback. I simply could not have left her behind.

Tomorrow the furniture arrives. The rest of my life will commence to slide back into normal. Of course, there will be chaos, but I will prevail. While waiting around the other day for something or other to arrive or be fixed, I tried out the resident dishwasher. Clatter, bang, hum, whirr.......forget it. Add that to the fact that "heavy" and "normal" didn't run and it was off to Sears. This other best friend will arrive Friday. Had gone into Sears to buy a lipstick and walked out with a housekeeper. G-d, I love a good dishwasher!

A word about wrinkles. Peered depressingly into the bathroom mirror the other morning and spotted a new wrinkle just above my left upper lip. Mmmm....guess I must have slept wrong. That crease will obviously disappear shortly, I lied. Just have a shower, flex the facial muscles and it's gone. But no. Funny how wrinkles execute a perfect landing overnight, taxi onto a weak facial spot, settle in and proceed to take up permanent residence on a once-resilient patch of skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment