Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Don't let your cat out

Rose this morning to view the sunrise, as I have every morning since we moved into our townhouse. Our back faces east and the horizon is magnificent.

"What the hell are people doing, letting their dogs roam around off leash at this hour," I said to the empty living room, as I spied what looked like a small german shepherd trotting along the path in the tall grass along the trail. Except it wasn't a dog. It was a coyote. Not 10 feet from our back door, a female and her juvenile loped around hunting "breakfast" among the wildlife waking up in the field. What a thrill! Riveted, I stared at the mother. She stopped in her tracks and stared back. Both frozen, I blinked first and ran upstairs to try and get a better view. Unconcerned, the juvenile ran back and forth, playing happily. But as the sun rose, mother took it away and off they trotted into the grasses beyond.

As I said, I think I am going to love Calgary!

No comments:

Post a Comment