Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dinner at Tiffany's

I'm no Adurey Hepburn, but yesterday we ventured to the Chinook Centre, where there is a Tiffany's. Who wudda thunk it? A Tiffany's in Calgary? But there is a lot of money here, so there Tiffany's is. We were there at B's insistence because I am fast approaching my blank-5th birthday. How can I be blank-5!!?? Yesterday I was 35.

Tiffany's was packed. I mean, when is Tiffany's ever packed? Even in Chicago, the Tiffany's we visited had one or two people browsing. And these Chinook customers were buying VERY EXPENSIVE STUFF. I am not a believer in paying a lot for a piece of jewellery that doesn't pack a wallop. I mean, paying $15,000 for a pair of diamond, chandelier earrings I would never, ever do. I have a fake pair that cost me $25, yet have the same jazzy impact. No, that's just dumb. But if I find something unique, I will splurge.

After Tiffany's I ventured into Urban Outfitters and bought two pair of hose for $20. With an all-over floral pattern, these pink and purple stockings are fabulous. I stopped a woman on the street the other day wearing a pair and asked where she had bought them. That's how I got into Urban Outfitters and found them. I often stop strangers and ask where they bought their shoes, for instance; you thus take the short cut to successful shopping.

Then we wandered down the mall to a great restaurant and had dinner. So, that was my "Dinner at Tiffany's" evening.

p.s. The Tiffany's sales woman said to my husband, "You know your wife is a pistol, don't you." "Yes, and I'm the one who gets all the bullets," he retorted. I considered that a compliment.

2 comments:

  1. This is positively delightful. Hope you are
    going to put all these in a book for your grandson - just a suggestion.
    Wishing you both a wonderful Easter,
    Hope to see you sometime this year.
    Hugs,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a delightful outing. And by the way, you are a bigger pistol than I any day!

    Yes, have a wonderful Easter. Let's wear huge hats -- I always do.
    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete